Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Wanting to drink...

I am probably getting ahead of myself here, but New Years Eve is tomorrow and my 40th birthday is this Saturday the 3rd, and I want to be able to DRINK!  I am going to my dad and stepmom's house and they are having a party for me with all of my family and I can't stand to think that I can't drink anything!!! Maybe if I set a firm limit for myself and stick to it, i will be okay.  I won't be driving, I DEFINITELY won't smoke, I won't be the sole adult responsible for my daughter, and I'll be freaking 40 people!!!  It really sucks to think I can't drink - it makes me want it even more - which is probably problematic, because if it wasn't a problem I wouldn't care.  Maybe I can drink normally, I've never really tried and some times, many times I do drink normally, a glass or two of wine, a couple of beers....it's just that when I don't, I really don't!!

Thoughts, words of wisdom, advice, would REALLY be appreciated!!!

2 comments:

  1. I can totally understand your dilemma! Been there! But you know if you wonder that you have a problem with drinking, well that is sort of a sign, because people that do not have a problem, do not question their drinking. Remember the day before your last day 1 and bring that memory up every time you think that the idea to drink again is a good one!

    Hang in, you can do this sober, and not have the regrets…
    Sending many hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support! I think the fact that this is hard for me is probably proof enough that I need to stop, and like you said, wondering if you have a problem is kind of a sign - I just wish it wasn't soooo hard! Does it get easier???

      Delete