Sunday, January 25, 2015

Navigatin' Datin' and Musins on Abusin' (alcohol)

Second post for the day...soooo, earlier, I wrote about how good I felt being sober - six hours later I am going to write and tell you that commitment is not that strong.  While perusing the aisles of the local Wal-Mart in an attempt to complete my weekly grocery shopping, I spotted a bottle of Chocovine. For those of you who have not had this delicious concoction, you don't know what you are missing out on (and if you are reading this - you probably will never know - sorry, just saying').  Upon spotting, this delectable treasure, my mind started to wander...OMG, Chocovine. I love Chocovine. It tastes just like Bailey's. How can I never have Chocovine again?  What kind of world is this without Chocovine? (Forget the fact that I haven't had this beverage in two years and probably haven't thought of it since, but thinking that I now may not ever be able to have it again, well, now that's problematic).

Then my commitment was really tested this evening when I logged onto Match.com.  (For whatever reason, I have joined Match, and have not had any luck to speak of- honestly probably the worst luck of my dating life. I think that my repeated joining/ deleting my profile has saturated the online dating market, thusly causing me to lose my appeal, but anywho, that's a whole other story for a whole other blog - dating drama (or lack thereof) of the single mom. )  Tonight, I spotted a profile of a man that looks right up my alley - a little bit stocky, tall (isn), dark hair and eyes, a liberal PhD, but he drinks moderately!  Now  in Match land, moderately is a step above social drinking, think, this person is a serious drinker, they are in essence admitting that they are not merely a social drinker.  This profile sent my mind spinning into the crazy land of what if? What if he asked me out on a date?  What if he wanted to order a fine bottle of wine?  What if he wanted to get in a jacuzzi with a bottle of champagne? (that's a stretch I know) What if he wanted to drink beers on a boat? (prompted by one of his profile pics) What if he wanted to drink chocovine? (I have to bring it full circle here) What if? What if? What if?

These are just the questions prompted by viewing a profile.  Creating my profile, rendered me with a whole other host of questions?  What do I put down for drinking?  Do I say "never" - no, then people might identify me as a holy rolling teetotaler, which as I think I have proven in previous posts, I am definitely not.  Do I put down "socially",  despite the fact that I'm currently not drinking?  Do I leave it blank and be super enigmatic? What to do? What to do?


Before, you all recommend that I seek psychiatric help for my out of control mind, I have a takeaway...to just be in the moment, and get out of my head, because in the moment, as long as I'm breathing, I'm doing all right.

Alas, dear reader(s), I shall leave you with another dose of pinspiration....who am I kidding??? This is for me :)


1 comment:

  1. I had the same feelings about a Pina Colada!
    Was watching the HW of Atlanta, and they were all drinking them.
    I don't even like them!
    Had them 20 years ago! LOL
    Wow! I am impressed about the Match.com.
    I have no idea how I'd navigate the drinking questions/dates.
    Peace and Hugs!

    ReplyDelete