Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Calgon, take me away!

So today, right now, I am wanting a drink in a bad kind of way...I am so irritable - I took the car to the dealership and had to pay $275 to have them tell me that I need to put $4400 into the car to get this ten year old vehicle up to snuff.  Three syllables - what-ev-a.  I will be taking car to my mechanic on Monday to see what he says - I only paid $5000 for car, so I'm certainly not going to put that kind of money into it (Thank God for student loan refund checks, because otherwise I wouldn't have any extra money at all).

THEN, to add insult to injury, my nightly treats of Trader Joes chocolate covered peanut butter pretzels and marshmallows have added some inches to my waistline and I look like I am sporting a 5 to 6 month pregnancy belly.  I mean, GD, if I'm not going to be drinking alcohol at least I should fucking be skinny, right?!

What I would really like to do is have a couple of drinks, get fuzzy and say "Fuck it" to everything.

Oh, and did I mention that I still have not taken down my Christmas decorations????!! Yes, that's right people, it is January 21st and I still have Christmas shit up, aaaannd, my condo is bordering looking like it needs to be on an episode of Hoarders.

The piece(s) de resistance (think en francaise - I'm sure that phrase is not spelled right) is the shit ton of stuff I need to get done at work, but can't do, because I am always at a training or in a fucking meeting, coupled with the work I need to do for my advanced qualitative research class, and the work I need to do to prep for my comps exam. Oh, and I can't figure out how to get to my dvr recordings on my AT &T uverse box, so I haven't been able to see any of my reality tv (Vanderpump Rules, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, Millionaire Matchmaker - seriously, what was life like before Bravo?)

FUCK.MY.LIFE  (not really - I kind of have guilt already over writing that, because I know that relatively speaking my life is so much better than many people, and many would beg for my problems over what they are faced with.)

#Firstworldwhitegirlproblems

Calgon, take me away.

2 comments:

  1. I just stumbled across your blog. We have the same backgrounds and are both long time educators and both binge drinkers! Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much ksusier! I found your blog and love it! I agree that we do seem to have a lot of similarities...I recognized a lot of my thinking in your posts - plus we are both January babies (I am the 3rd :)

    Thank you for stopping by! It thrills me to no end to know that someone may actually (gasp) read what I write!

    ReplyDelete