Wednesday, June 10, 2015

87 days :)

Today is 87 days for me... I really can't believe I have made it this long without drinking!  I still feel like I am on a journey of self-discovery.  I've ventured back into the world of online dating (again) recently, and the process has made me realize how much I need to learn about myself, and how I need  to recover the things that I love.  The realization that I need to continue to work on knowing myself came from a simple question posed via email from one man asking me "what do you like to do?" While a relatively easy and innocuous question, I struggled to be able to answer it.  I realize that the past few years I have been focused on grad school and being a mom.  My main hobby consisted of drinking (sad but true).  I'm working to find the things that bring me joy and make me happy...trying to adopt healthy habits, and stay out of my head (it's very dangerous in there!).

I'm wondering if any of you had a similar process of discovering yourself in your journey to sobriety?

4 comments:

  1. I have done more soul searching in the last 3 months than in the whole of the rest of my life WCM! I'm hoping I'll be able to move into thinking about something else soon! Huge congrats to you! SM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SoberMummy,

      It's good to know that others are in the same soul-searching boat! :) Thanks for the congrats. Congrats are due to you on 100+ days!!!

      Delete
  2. Yes.
    It is so true.
    My whole life was teaching.
    Now I am discovering what I like to do!
    So proud of you!!!
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Wendy! Your encouraging comments always make my day! This summer is my journey to self-discovery :)

      Delete