Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Day 16

This morning I have been thinking a lot about control in my life...how I have sought to have control a lot more than I realized.  I think my goal-oriented nature is all about attempting to control the future to some degree.  I think even with my drinking I've been trying to control my understanding of it, and compartmentalize it into a neat, little box that it fits tidily within, when that is not a reality.  It's ironic really, that I have sought to have so much control in my life, yet I've given it over to the one thing that makes me completely lose any semblance of control I might have - alcohol.

Today on day 16, I am seeking to understand to realize in life I truly have little control except to do the next "good thing"for me today.  I am seeking to let go and trust that I am on the right path.

Today's pinspiration:

3 comments:

  1. Good one for me, too!
    Just breathe! LOVE it!
    Hugs!
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Letting go of control is probably one of the hardest things to do...especially in sobriety! Once we surrender and let go......we are free! So friggen free!
    Everything will work out in the end.....even during the toughest times.....things just come together.....eventually....
    Just breathe. Just believe. Just live in the present moment. It works!

    ReplyDelete