Thursday, July 16, 2015

4 months and still standing

According to my AA app, today is officially 4 months even, and still no drink for me, although today I wanted some wine in the worst kind of way, and went so far as to buy a pack of cigarettes and have been chain smoking them, which I have not done in 4 months.

I have started talking to this man recently, who I am so attracted to, but is probably not the best fit for me for so many different reasons, and it has been making me feel crazy.  I've wanted to drink just to shut my mind down.  I've tried to distract myself and do other things, but it's like nothing works.  I called a girl I know from AA and talking to her helped a lot, because she is a single mom going through a lot of the same things as me.  Dating this man has made me feel like my problem isn't really drinking, but it's more symptomatic of me just being crazy...ugh.

Just thought I'd check in and let any readers know that I'm still standing...a little bit wobbly, but still standing sober.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 4 months! Regarding cigs, me too:( That's my next vice to deal with.
    Regarding the man, it's not you, it's him and your body is reacting to your intuition with stress. Listen to it, it's smart! Keep standing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4 months is great.
    Regardless of what you think your problems are, adding booze to them will not make them go away or improve.
    Put yourself first. Do what is best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am SO glad you are still standing!
    4 months is wonderful.
    Anne is right,
    No matter what my problems are, drinking did not make them get better or go away!
    Keep true to yourself.
    xo
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete